Monday, August 24, 2009

Bad/Happy/Sad Dream

This morning (as in Sunday morning) before I had to get up for church, I had a bad yet somehow good yet somehow sad dream. If that makes sense.

So I guess I may have been a little freaked out that I was gonna over sleep practice again like I did last week, so that probably explains this dream. I had to be at church really early this morning, earlier than usual, 8:30 in the morning. Ok, that's half an hour earlier than usual, but still, it was early.

I got up at 7, but fell back asleep and had this dream.

So in my dream, I arrived late to church to find the pastor already set up to play piano. I saw two of my friends that have already left for college. One of them, Hannah, just left this weekend and the other, Chris, left a few weeks ago. I thought it was weird seeing them, but nonetheless I was happy to see them.

Unfortunately it was just a dream and I wasn't really seeing them, which made the dream sad.

So during church, while the pastor was playing piano, he asked me if I was ready to play and I said yes, so I went up there and I think I messed up on a song or two.

And that's all I remember of the dream.

Now back to reality. I was not late for church today. The pastor's family was not there because they were taking Hannah to college. I had to play piano today much like my dream said basically because normally if you didn't know it, I play flute.

I got to intro on a few of the songs, which wasn't as scary as I initially thought it would be. Then on the last song that I hadn't realized I was doing the introduction to, I really messed up on that one, but it didn't freak me out nearly as much as I thought it would. My practicing all week apparently paid off. Practice does make perfect. Of course nobody's perfect, so why practice? Haha. Seriously though practicing is a good thing.

We were missing a lot of people at church today. Plus it was rather icky outside weather-wise. It was kinda a sad day. I'm getting hit hard with emotions these days. I'm really starting to miss my friends. I haven't started crying yet, but it's likely that I will any day now.

No comments: