Sunday, August 9, 2009

VBS #2 Sunday Edition

At my church, we have VBS for a week and then on Sunday, we present what the kids learned. We do some songs and some of the lessons.

Today we did just that. I made a video for the occasion because my aunt asked me to. It was a fun day. We sang and a few people did some of the lessons. All the kids got to go on stage to do the motions to the songs.

The kids did a good job, but I found that I wasn't smiling as much while singing. I wasn't as excited. I don't know where I lost my excitement. Maybe it was the fact that I was doing it in front of the adults. Who knows?

I will tell you that when we got around to doing our drama, I was really nervous. Everyone enjoyed it. We did the last day drama, which is actually the best. We had to fill in one character because he couldn't make it to church, so the guy who filled in didn't really know what he was doing, but it was still funny.

I got a lot of comments after church about how I should make some videos of my evil character persona thing. Yes, I was the evil character, Virus. Who knows, you might see one of those videos. Unfortunately I don't have the blue wig that was his hair. I was also told that I should definitely try to get into something drama related while at college. We'll see about that.

And finally the funniest thing I heard from some people was that I may have started a bad reputation for myself in the church. I knew that would happen if I played the bad guy. Darn it. Just kidding. It's all good.

No comments: