Friday, May 22, 2009

Did you get caught skipping?

Yes, I am a skipper. I completely skipped school today. Though if I had had a choice, I think I would have rather gone to school. Did I get caught skipping? No, of course not. My parents don't care especially because I'm a senior. My brother, a sophomore, went to school today and as did all the underclassmen. The seniors, however, skipped.

Oh come on, not a big deal, it was Senior Skip Day at my school today. The name says it all. The seniors get to skip this day every year. The teachers do not want us in class because they do this thing called Moving Up Day where all the underclassmen get to see what their schedules are like for next year. That's during the morning hours. Then in the afternoon they have underclassmen awards. It's usually a fun day. I wish I could have gone.

I'm not saying I didn't have a good day. It was just tiring. My family had company over this morning and I didn't get much sleep last night. The kids of the company we had were fun to play with, but like I said, I was tired. So we played a bit of Rock Band and they went swimming for a little bit. This afternoon I had to go fill out some forms to get my passport. As useful as it is, it was just annoying. I didn't get to nap this afternoon. I don't think I would have slept much anyways. Instead, I did math homework and practical law homework.

Do most seniors spend their Senior Skip Day doing homework? I don't think so, but I'm an exception. I mentioned it on my Twitter and on my Facebook that I would have rather been at school today, which got some comments. Most seniors by now are ready to be done. I'm just the exception. They all want out and don't want to come to school. I want to go to school and I feel guilty sometimes when I miss it and I love to learn.

Senioritis affects me in some ways, but it hasn't taken complete control of my life. I'm trying to finish out strong.

I don't know. I can't exactly explain why I like school so much, but I do. I know a lot of people go because of friends and that's great, but I like to go to learn.

2 comments:

Libby said...

sorry chelsea that i havent been to your blog for a while -- i have been so busy!
that was an interesting post!
KUTAW plz hehe!

libby

Libby said...

Have any of you heard of the song: Daddy's Little Girl, by Frankie J? If not, go to youtube and type it down... im listening to it now...and I tell you -- YOU WILL CRY!!!!! If you have heard the song, or have gone or ARE going through what Frankie J is singing, if you dont mind, could you tell me? I want to pray for you!! And also, I am writing a book about a girl (Chloe) and her parents get divorced... are you going through that? or have you already? I haven't. But I know it must be the hardest thing in this whole world! YOU AREN"T FORGOTTEN, I THINK ABOUT YOU ALL THE TIME!!!!!! I cry for all the girls who have had their parents divoced, that is why i am writing a book about it -- I WAN TO HELP!!! if you have gone through it, do you mind if I send you my book, and you tell me.... (this is only IIIIFFFF you want) you tell me if I'm writing it right, so like, i'm writing the right feelings chloe has during the time. Im gonna cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!