Monday, May 4, 2009

What if she is too much like me?

I've been fuming about this for a while. One thing you gotta learn about me is that when I get started on something, I probably won't stop. No, it's not like drugs (which I don't do by the way). It's just that sometimes something will make me angry and I will obsess over it for a while. This is the case here.

I met a girl a few months back in February that went to my old youth pastors' now old church. No, not my church. My church is their old, old church. Anyways, my old youth pastors were getting ready to move at the end of February. I came to visit in the middle of the month and met a lot of their teens. I know a lot of them weren't happy to see them leaving, but hey if it's God's call, you gotta follow that. So this girl, for whatever reason, reminds me of myself at that age. I was her age when my youth pastors, Matt and Lindsay left us. She's probably feeling a lot of the same things I felt. And I get how she feels. I've said this so many times on my blog, but it still haunts me the question she asked me. Am I happy they're moving back to Michigan?

I was at first, but then I jumped into these kids' shoes and realized that I know exactly how they feel.

So the other day, I was talking to Lindsay about this girl because I've been wondering about how she's doing. Lindsay said she emailed her, but she hasn't responded. I said I hope she's doing ok. And Lindsay said she probably is doing ok and if she isn't, she'd have called them.

Now you've gotta understand how I felt after they left. I knew they had the possibility of leaving in December of 2006. They left my church in February of 2007. I was pretty upset because I had really gotten to know them in the past few months. Then after they left even though they said I could call anytime I wanted, I didn't. I got kinda bitter for a while. They have their new youth group. And they don't have time to talk to me. I can feel that bitterness even today. They have their new, new youth group. They don't have time to talk to me. They don't have time for us anymore. They're busy with that youth group.

They say I can call anytime I want now too, but of course, I don't call very often unless they're not online and I need some advice. I talk to them online a lot though.

I'm wondering something. What if this girl from their old youth group is too much like me? Maybe she's struggling, but she doesn't want to call because she doesn't want to be a bother to them. I didn't want to be a bother to them either. What if she is really missing them right now, but doesn't want to call them? What if she needs advice, but doesn't want to bother them?

Yeah, I know how that feels.

No comments: