Friday, May 29, 2009

The stories I write

Ok, so I know you know I'm a writer. I write all these blogs of course. But sometimes I like to let my creativity run rampant in other ways. Sometimes when I have to write stories for English class or whatever class, I can be very random. I can be very funny with my stories. But also very serious.

You probably won't see any of my more serious, yet laid back stories on here though. I have put my stories like my Pi Day story and my what if one character were still alive story on here. But generally you probably won't see my other stories.

Currently I have 4 stories in the making. I just keep getting writer's block, so I quit writing for a while. One reason I don't share these stories on here is that I don't take criticism lightly. I kinda take it badly especially when hearing it from friends.

For instance, I've let a couple friends read two of the stories and the first and second friend really liked them and wanted to see where they would go to. But the third friend thinks she basically knows why I'm writing these stories and knows the stories have to do with real life.

I didn't get a good vibe toward that friend. She thought it was kinda weird. I knew it was gonna be a bad idea to let her read the stories, but she was kinda annoyed that I let two of my other friends read it and not her. So what if my stories are based upon real life? I can't help writing about it. I really enjoy writing about it and not using real life names. My stories may involve some of my memories in them, but they're not the same thing.

Ever since that last friend read the stories, I can't bring myself to let anyone else read my stories. I think it would be better if I got people who don't know me quite as well and don't know my history so well to read my stories because the criticism wouldn't be as harsh and they wouldn't know that my stories have anything to do with some of the memories I have. But I haven't gotten to that point yet.

1 comment:

emii said...

Hey Chelsea,
I would like to read your stories, when your ready to share them. But just remember -- critisism is an important part of writing.