Sunday, May 10, 2009

My obsession

A few weeks ago, I was a little upset. I found out that I had to play at a concert on the same day as youth group. I hate missing youth group. It's my obsession.

Well, I wouldn't say that youth group is my obsession really. Church isn't really either. God is my obsession. I love going to church and I love learning more about God. I think it's something I've always loved doing since I was about 9 years old.

I was born and raised Catholic for the most part. I went to a Catholic school in kindergarten, but then moved to a different state. Then my mom made me participate in classes at the Catholic church in town. I was never really interested in that. It was boring and I had no friends in those classes. They all went to one of the other elementary schools in my town.

My aunt took me to a VBS one year at her Nazarene church and I haven't left since then. I wanted to go. I've had this obsession for a long time.

I go to youth group for a lot of reasons. I go to be with Christian friends. I go to play interesting games. I go to read the Bible. I go to learn more about God. I go to be challenged in my relationship with God.

I was not happy to learn that I was gonna miss church a few weeks ago for this dumb concert. It was a concert that I only got to play one song in. What is more important here, one song or God? One of my friends obviously chose the song. She doesn't get it though.

My faith is extremely important to me. I gotta go. Not a lot of people really get that about me. I need God. I once said on another blog I think, that going to youth group in the middle of the week keeps me sane.

So what happened?

I got to go to youth group for a little bit. But then I had to wait over an hour and a half to play one song at school. And while waiting, I was missing worship practice, which is another one of those important things that I don't like to miss.

1 comment:

emii said...

Pooor u :( Ohh, well. Obviously, you lived -- and are going to youth group all the time. Sorry about this weird comment, but I'm going to do a more normal comment on your most recent post :)

xox emily