Friday, May 29, 2009

Play It Piano Girl!

This evening I played in my last piano recital. I'm kinda sad about that. But in a few years, I might consider coming back to play in another recital. It'll be a homecoming.

Last night was my last piano lesson too. I've been taking lessons since 2000, so about 9 years. I've been with the same teacher for that long. Plus he's the pastor of the church I go to. I can't believe we put up with each other for that long. Haha, I'm just kidding. He's a really cool guy. I'm really gonna miss have piano lessons on Thursdays next year. Of all his students besides his kids, I've been taking lessons from him the longest.

What I said earlier about us putting up with each other for so long, you know that's a joke right? Throughout the years, I've gone through about 3 different flute teachers. They're always so serious and expect me to practice. My piano teacher wants me to practice, but he knows how busy I get. He also gets the fact that the piano is my escape. When I need to get my mind off of something, I sit down and bang on the piano.

I did that today actually. That's what I did all after school. I was furious. I'm so tired, tired of math class. So basically what I did was play all the loud, fast songs that I could. I was mad, but it made me feel better. Then I practiced my recital pieces. Both are fast, cheery songs.

I wasn't as nervous tonight as I usually am for recitals. I don't know if it was the fact that not many people were there, or maybe I was just ready. I messed up, but I'm not upset about it. I always expect to mess up and it doesn't really bother me. Messing up is just a part of getting better. And when I do mess up on music, I just laugh. I think it's funny to make mistakes. I wish the younger kids would realize that and understand that it's not a big deal. Mistakes are a part of playing piano in front of people.

By the way, the picture of me up there was taken when I was in 8th grade. It was used for an 8th grade project that the English classes do called the 8th grade book. I was just showing my hobbies.

Piano is something I'll definitely take with me. And hey, I only almost started crying when my pastor/piano teacher and his oldest daughter were singing the last song. It was so pretty!

No comments: