Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I never have an ordinary Mother's Day. If I could get my mom flowers for Mother's Day, it would be easy. No, it's not because she's allergic. It's because of my family's business.

By the way, that picture is of my grandmother a long time ago in one of our greenhouses. That's right. My family owns a flower business. And if that's not bad enough, I have no backyard. Well, I kinda do. It's just consumed by all four of our greenhouses.

I didn't live a normal childhood I guess. Haha. I work at the farmers' market in my town. I used to help with transplanting. Nowadays, I help with carrying things or just watching the business.

So no, I can't get my mom flowers for Mother's Day. I don't think she would appreciate getting more flowers for Mother's Day.

Instead I got her the next best thing: chocolate. I got her chocolate and a card. Hopefully my dad won't eat all her candy.

Today, I went to church and during Sunday school, as little kiddish as this sounds, I helped make necklaces for the mothers in church. My aunt asked a few of us older girls to help with that. We also had one of the little girls helping and then two of the younger boys helped after they finished their lesson.

This afternoon, I gave my mom her present (which by the way, I let my brother in on it even though he doesn't have any money). Then I did my homework. This evening I went to my aunt's house for dinner. It wasn't anything fancy. We had hamburgers. We had a nice evening.

To all you mothers right now or future mothers, Happy Mother's Day! Hope it was a fantastic day for all of you!

2 comments:

emii said...

Ohh, lol, sounds like fun, having a family business :)

I got my mum a bag for mother's day, but when I was younger I'd get her candles...she's trying to not have chocolate -- but she can on Friday's, apparently! Haha! I never got her flowers -- she's not much of a gardner, she hates it :)

Sounds like you hada fun day :)

xox emily

Libby said...

Coolio!
I got my mom some cool earrings, and cleanded the house, and stuff, oh, and made her food and stuff :)
libby