Monday, May 4, 2009

Get a life!

I've been hearing it since I was a freshman. What? High school relationships rarely ever work out. No wonder, I've been single since my freshman year. I don't want to date if it's not gonna work out. What's the point?

To get to know each other. To do something. To try to work something out.

Honestly? Get a life!

My brother is in 10th grade and has a girlfriend who is a year older than him. He has been dating her since November. He spends every waking moment with her it seems like. She always calls him and talks for hours on end. They spend all their free time together it seems either talking on the phone or hanging out. My parents have to babysit them basically. They can come over as long as there is an adult home. I hate that because if my mom is elsewhere, I can't do anything with my dad like take a bike ride. That's the problem I had last night.

Really? Really? Could you, I don't know, get a life?

I'm so tired of them hanging out every waking moment. My parents keep freaking me out saying she might be my sister in-law someday. Gag me please.

Not that I should do this because I'm a Christian and I should love everyone even my enemies, but I can't say anything mean about his girlfriend when he's around. But of course, he feels it's ok to diss me in front of his girlfriend.

I've read it and I've heard it before that girls should look at how a guy treats their mother and sister to see how he treats women and how he would treat the girl he's dating. Obviously my brother's girlfriend isn't looking that hard at how he treats us. Of course, she probably likes how he treats my mom and I because she seems to hate us. He's so disrespectful around us. I want to know what happened to my cute little brother who used to be adorable and nice...sometimes. He grew up apparently.

I've also read that guys lives don't revolve around girls. True dat. Unfortunately, my brother's girlfriend seems to have complete rule over my brother's life. He had to change his whole outfit the other day when he went to dinner with her family because he didn't want to look like the odd man out. After changing, he looked bad. I liked what he had been wearing before. Dare to be different little bro.

So many times, I want to tell him to get a life. He says he has one. Yes, you have one with your girlfriend, but what about a life of your own where you're free to do whatever you want without worry about what your girlfriend says about it.

Get a life! Dare to be different! Go your separate ways for a few hours and get a life!

And I pray I'm never like that with my future boyfriend. I will have my life and my friends. And he will have his life and his friends. I have hopes about that one. I just hope we're not glued to each other.

No comments: