Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Don't make me go!

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Aren't I always think about something a lot lately? Well, yeah I think too much and I'm not afraid to admit to it.

This particular thought came to me sometime last week or a couple weeks ago. It may have got shoved to the back of my brain for a while, but it's still there in some aspects and exactly why I feel the need to discuss it here.

With last week being my last week of youth group, it's one of those things I'm really thinking about. Reality.

I'm an adult and sometimes I really hate that. And to think that I've only been an adult for 6 months. The title of this could go either way I'm sure.

Don't make me leave youth group! I'm not ready!

Or

Don't make me go to the adult group! I'm not ready!

So we're stuck here in the middle. It really kinda sucks being here in the middle especially if your church doesn't have a young adult/college group.

This year I've done a couple of things. I switched Sunday schools for a while to go with my aunt's adult class. It was targeted for any age group. I've also started going to a Bible study at my neighbor's house.

There are two problems I have with being in adult Bible studies or Sunday school. One is that sometimes I feel like they don't want me to be there and second is that sometimes I feel like they don't really listen to what I'm saying or really understand.

I skipped out on my aunt's class a couple of times and I've written blogs about it. My aunt sometimes reads my blogs and she commented one time saying that the adults actually like hearing from people of a different generation. It's refreshing I guess.

Last night at my neighbor's Bible study, I didn't really feel wanted. And I'm gonna apologize now for anyone in that group who may be reading this. The world doesn't revolve around me. I know that. I just didn't say anything or really contribute yesterday. I shouldn't say I didn't feel wanted because I really didn't want to talk, so I sat there.

I also have a personal problem in a way. If the things I'm studying don't stay interesting, I get bored really easily. In youth group, all year we pretty much talked about parables and they were really interesting. I've heard most of the parables before, but our pastor just refreshed my mind of the parables. He wanted us to see what this tells us about God. That was usually the question of the week actually.

Even with my aunt's class, I got bored of it. I'm sorry to say it, but I'm kinda bored of this Bible study too. It's a routine thing. We do the same thing every week. I'm not just getting on that Bible study, it was also happening with my aunt's class. I just got bored, so naturally I went back to my old Sunday school class and I've been there for a few months now. We hardly ever get anything done in that class though.

See? I'm kinda caught in the middle. I feel like after 9 years in youth group, it hasn't been enough. I wish I could stay in it, but my church won't allow that. After this summer, I'm out completely.

As they say in the show Grey's Anatomy, "We're adults. When did that happen and how do we make it stop?"

I agree. How do we make it stop? Don't make me go!

No comments: