Monday, May 25, 2009

Remembering the day

Today is Memorial Day. I actually got up early this morning and my band teacher was so proud of me too. Wait a second, let me explain.

My band teacher will probably never let me forget this. On Memorial Day when I was in 10th grade, I kinda overslept. My parents never woke me up. So I had to scramble to get ready for marching band. I actually missed the band too. Ok, so I did have to jump in, in the middle of the parade. It was funny actually and my band teacher forgave me, but he'll never let me forget it.

Anyways, back to the real idea of Memorial Day. You know real quick, just thinking about what today is and my sophomore year, it is quite fitting. I'm remembering that day today. It haunts me.

Ok, onward we go. Memorial Day is a time for us to remember those who have fought or are fighting in wars. But one of the pastors at my church also got me thinking today when he said he's thankful for the One who died for us.

I had never thought about it that way before, but I'm glad he said it and got me thinking. It's a really good idea. Today we're remembering things that are happening in the world or have happened. And we need to remember who brought us to this place as well.

You know, I'm thankful for those serving in wars for our freedom. If they didn't, we probably wouldn't be where we are today. But as the one pastor at my church said, I'm also thankful for the One who died for us.

2 comments:

Libby said...

TT

emii said...

hey girlz,
today my teacher, also my uncle, said that he was writing an article in the school newsletter, about something, and he wanted to include my blog. I said ok (no idea why i said ok) and now I regret it. because, that's one thing i love about blogging -- u girlz dont laugh at this. so, for a few weeks, possibly, its going to be on 'with permision only'. i really dont want to do that, because it means that everyone cant read it. but, to make things a lot easier -- you can either post a comment with your email address in it, so that i can put you in 'permission to read' or send an email to the blogz adress at girlz4god.g4g@hotmail.com and , if you cant access this, please go to Larny, Abbie, Chelsea or one of the other girlz blogz, or comment at nancy rue's blog, if you need to give ur email to me. this stuff wont matter if my dad can reach my uncle before the newsletter is published (tomorrow) , but im just telling you, in case, because i dont want peoples from my school reading it...

xxx emii