Monday, May 4, 2009

T.G.T.P.U.

Tired of hearing about all those bad decisions people made the night of prom? That speaker sucked. They didn't help me very much. He was too full of himself. He thought he was totally awesome.

These are some of the comments I have heard this week about the speaker we had last week. Last week was prom week at my school and as always, SADD (students against destructive decisions) had an assembly. Last year, they did a few things with us like brought in a band called Shirock. No one really got into it though. They kept telling us to stand up, but none of us were interested in doing so. Come on! It was in the school auditorium for crying out loud.

I don't think my school ever has that much appreciation for how hard SADD tries to get us involved in things. I didn't think I would enjoy the speaker, but I actually did.

Come on! Admit it. Prejudice! You never thought you'd actually like the speaker.

This happens to me so often. I'll go into the auditorium ready to completely ignore the speaker like everyone else, but then what he or she says will really impact me.

Our speaker's theme last week was Too Good To Pass Up.

Basically all about making wise decisions and not drinking and driving.

Of the friends I talked to, they go to church and of course they're not gonna do anything like that. But wait, Chelsea, what about the people who go to church and do actually do make lots of stupid choices regarding drugs and alcohol? Well, I think they're the ones that need to listen. I know a lot of them don't care because they think alcohol and drugs is the best way, but it's not.

I think there are a lot of things in life that are too good to pass up.

Don't you want to graduate? Go to college? Get married? Have kids? Have a great job? Grow old with your husband or wife?

Then you shouldn't ruin that life by doing drugs, drinking alcohol, or having premarital sex.

No comments: