Monday, May 18, 2009

Not in His Image

You know I was thinking about yesterday's blog. I am made in God's image. We all our. I forgot about this one little thing after writing my blog out yesterday. It was something my pastor was talking about.

Have you ever been to the Grand Canyon? How about the Niagara Falls? How about the Great Barrier Reef? Ever seen the Rocky Mountains? Ever been to Yellowstone?

I can answer yes to about 2 of those things. I've been to the Grand Canyon and I had the experience of driving through the Rocky Mountains (not me personally driving, but someone else and boy was it scary). It would be cool to go to the Niagara Falls. I would love to go to the Great Barrier Reef or even Yellowstone. I love nature. It's really cool.

But does it say anywhere in the Bible that these things were made in God's image? I don't think so. Sure, they're gorgeous places, but they weren't created to be God's reflection. Just things God created I guess. They sure do amaze us humans.

But they weren't made in God's image. We were made in God's image.

I don't really know how a mountain would help show who God is like people can. I think mountains can show the great power that God has. He can move the mountains.

1 comment:

emii said...

Hey Chelsea,
Awesome post...and your so right. If mountains can be SO huge, so strong -- I can't imagine God. Then think of the UNIVERSE -- God is waaaay bigger than THAT. Wowww.

XOX Emi