Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Just a half

Ok, some of you are gonna think I'm really dorky for this, but whatever. I don't mind being called a dork. Today is a very special day indeed. Well, ok, it's not that special, but it's special to me and it has some stories to it. What is today?

Well Chelsea, it's May 12, 2009. You're right! It is May 12, 2009. So what's the big deal? Today is my half birthday. That's right I'm 18 and a half today. I don't know how long I've celebrated this day, but I remember celebrating it for real when I was in 9th grade.

It was a Friday and we were having a movie night at my church. So my aunt bought me a cake and we split it in half for a half birthday cake. Get it? So she left it there at the church sitting out. Then my youth pastor at the time, Matt, took a piece of it not realizing the significance of it. We were jokingly mad at him for that. But we had the other half, so good enough. That's my funny story of my half birthday celebration.

It's not a really real tradition, but it's a cool one to start. It's just fun figuring out when you are whatever age and 6 months.

No comments: