Sunday, May 10, 2009

What do I get myself into?

I haven't talked about youth group games in a few weeks. We've continued playing some fun games. A few weeks ago, when I had the concert to go to, we played some very interesting games. I only participated in one of them though because the other was messy and I was already dressed up to go straight to the concert.

For the first game, the pastor in charge, gave us all tissues. What for? What else? To blow our noses. Why though?

The next thing he handed us after we split into teams was a bowl of Kix cereal. One of the boys in my group started eating the cereal. But that's not what we were supposed to do with it. We had to blow Kix cereal out of our noses and try to get it into a bowl. It was very entertaining. The boy eating the cereal in my group did not eat the snotty cereal, which is a good thing. That would have been bad. Quite disgusting.

The second game everyone else played involved strawberry and chocolate syrup. They had to make pictures with the syrup without using their hands. They were supposed to use just their noses, but they also used their tongues. It was kinda gross.

So this past week was very interesting. I don't know what I always get myself into when I volunteer.

So we split into teams, girls vs. boys. They had a girl sit on a bench and a guy sit on a bench. Guess who the lucky girl was? Yeah, that's right, me.

There was a bowl and in that bowl was pieces of paper wrapped in saran wrap. Are warning signals going off in your head yet? Then they told the volunteers to take off our shoes and socks. Great, I can almost see where this is going. They poured dry dog food in the bowl with the pieces of paper. But that's not the worst part. The worst part was the water they poured into the bowl.

The goal was to get all the pieces of paper out the bowl by just using my feet. Then the rest of my team had to put the paper together to form a memory verse. The memory verse was Luke 18:1.

So my question is, why do I always get myself into these situations? I don't know. Because they're fun and make people laugh. Good enough reason for me to live with.

1 comment:

emii said...

Wow, Chelsea-- those games do sound weird! Hey, you seem to be pretty popular with your youth group, you know -- always being picked to play those roles, like sittingon the bench. I don't know what I'm trying to say, but yeah.
I love your blog, keep writing.

xox emily