Sunday, May 31, 2009

Graduate Breakfast

Today at church, we had a breakfast for the graduating seniors. No, I haven't graduated yet, but that does happen a week from today. We had muffins, fruit, pancakes, and some other stuff. It was so good and I got so full.

We were asked to invite people who had influenced our spiritual lives up to that point. I have a few people to thank for where I am today, but I didn't invite all of them. I'm thankful for what my parents have done for me. My dad and I get into really spiritual talks in the middle of the night sometimes. Then I'm thankful for our pastor who is also my piano teacher for putting up with me throughout the years. We have had some great spiritual talks during my piano lessons. I'm also thankful for what my Aunt Ann has done for me. She's another great person to talk to about spiritual things. Finally, I would have invited them, but what's the point if you know they probably can't? I hate to say it, but I probably should have invited my old youth pastors, Matt and Lindsay. I didn't because I know how busy they are with their new church and new youth group.

Matt and Lindsay really impacted me with the time I spent with them. They're really great people.

So we all got books today. I got The Purpose Driven Life for Graduates. It's kinda ironic because I've been wanting to read The Purpose Driven Life, but I haven't gotten around to finding my parents' copy. I think it's pretty cool. I think it was also meant to be.

This evening, I was supposed to go out with my family for dinner, but I've done that all weekend it seems, so some friends from youth group called me up and I went to a park in town with them. We had so much fun!

We played Hide-n-Seek. Then ran away from our youth leader for a while. That was entertaining. We got really scared by him a few times. Then we played the Ha Game. It's where you lay on the ground with your head on someone's belly. You go around the circle saying ha, haha, hahaha, etc. and trying not to laugh. It was hilarious. I think I'm still trying to catch my breath. That game really released some endorphins. I'm feeling pretty good right now. I kinda wonder how many calories I may have burned from laughing so much.

It was a great end to a great day.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Chelsea
What college are you planning on going to?