Monday, May 25, 2009

My lasts

I'm starting to really hate this month. It's tearing me up in a lot of ways. My last youth group was last week. My last piano lesson is this week. My last Memorial Day parade as part of the Pride of Chelsea Marching Band was today. Ugh.

I'm really graduating. I think I need someone to pinch me or wake me up. Is this real life?

People ask me all the time if I'm excited. I'm more scared than excited. I'm not sure I'm ready for this new adventure that is ahead of me. And I know I'll have people commenting on this saying that yes, I am indeed ready for this new adventure, but really do you know that? I don't think they do know that for sure. They know when they're ready, but how then do they know I'm ready. You can't just base it off of yourself. I'm not the same as everyone else.

But you know what? God knows more than any of us when we're ready to move on and He will make sure we push forward. He will never abandon us when we need Him the most. I need Him right now getting ready for this big transition in my life.

My dad has been telling me all year long that it's my year of firsts and lasts. It's so true. Now getting down to the days of graduation, I'm sad because of all these lasts. I was really sad about youth group last week and I know I'll be really sad about my piano lessons this week. I've been with the same teacher for almost 9 years. Can you believe that he put up with me for that long? Haha, I'm just kidding.

No comments: