Saturday, July 18, 2009

Back in the day

When I was a kid, we had to walk uphill both ways in a foot of snow to get to school.

Have your parents ever said that to you? My dad jokes about it all the time.

My Aunt Ann is going to a class reunion this weekend. Actually I think it might have been tonight. I met her friend from high school on Thursday. Then yesterday, I had to take her friend somewhere because she's from out of state.

I really enjoyed the conversation. We talked about what the town used to look like. She and my aunt grew up together hanging out and babysitting my mom (she's the youngest in her family).

I just wanted to say that you can learn a lot about history from those that have gone before you, so always listen to the older ones. They've got some cool stories.

No comments: