Friday, July 10, 2009

Friends Day Prep

Tonight at church, I got eaten alive by a mosquito. I hate mosquitoes. And I was inside the church when this happened.

Tonight at church, some teens and adults got together to plan for Friends Day. Friends Day is an event my church is doing this coming Sunday. This is an event to get ready for Vacation Bible School, which is happening in August. The picture I have here is a picture from our VBS in 2006. We were so young looking. I'm the one next to the girl in the red shirt.

This is a chance for kids and adults to bring friends to church with them. We're gonna have coffee and doughnuts in the morning before Sunday school. Then most likely Sunday school, but some of us are helping set up during Sunday school. Then we're having a normal church service. After church, we're having a carnival type event where kids get to play games that have to do with outer space (that's our theme this year) and they'll get prizes for those games.

Tonight, we just planned like I said and set some things up. We also listened to the music. Some of it's kinda boring, but we picked the songs we liked. We're gonna have a blast! No pun intended there. You know blast off (the space theme)? Ok, just making sure you understood what I was talking about with the no pun intended part. Oh wait, maybe that pun was intended. I don't know.

I was working on posters for the games we're having with some friends tonight and I stumbled upon some jokes in the VBS director's book. They were so corny, but I was cracking up. My friends thought I was crazy.

I had a good time tonight except for the icky mosquitoes. That's one thing I don't like about summertime. The darn mosquitoes. They like me, but I don't like them. You know what else likes me? Fleas. I have good hygiene, but my cats get them (not saying they don't take care of their fur, well one of my cats has problems) and the fleas jump onto me. Every time I see one, I have to flush it down the toilet because they're so hard to kill. Grr!!!

No comments: