Saturday, July 4, 2009

Halfway There

I was talking to a customer yesterday about the 4th of July. Just a recap for you in case you forgot. My parents own a flower business out of our house. Four greenhouses in the backyard where we sell our plants. Anywho I was talking to a lady about the 4th of July and how fast summer goes.

I think we were talking about college or something because she asked what I was doing in the fall. I'm kinda getting tired of that question over and over again. I'm going to Spring Arbor University. It's about half an hour away from my house. I'm living on campus. I'm majoring in English and education. I want to be an English teacher. So tired of being asked that, but that's just what I get for finally graduating. :)

So this lady mentioned that after the 4th of July, the summer is halfway over. I didn't think she was right on that until I actually started thinking hard about it. She was right. It always seems like the summer leads up the Fourth of July and after that, the summer goes by so fast. My summer has already been going so fast it seems.

Although I do have a little over a month and a half left of summer, I do feel like this lady was correct. Summer is halfway over for me. I think it's always been that way really.

When I was in high school, I knew summer was halfway over because in August, I started band camp every year. And that was the end of my perfectly good summer with all the practices I had. Now I don't have band camp and I can go torture the kids that are still in high school at band camp this year.

Summer sure is flying by fast.

No comments: