Saturday, July 18, 2009

Vacation '09 and My Little Sabbatical

Tomorrow morning I will be leaving my house. Wow, that was such an epic story. I guess I should tell you where I'm going. Tomorrow morning, my family along with my friend and my brother's friend are flying down to Florida to get onto a boat to take a cruise to the Bahamas.

Don't get all excited just yet because you have to understand that this is my 3rd cruise. As much as I like spending time with my family and I like going on vacation, I just sometimes wish we could go somewhere other than on a cruise. I'd like to go to Arizona or Colorado or California. Just somewhere different. Oh well, once again headed to Florida.

I'm not complaining. It will be a lot warmer than Michigan has been lately. Who knew I'd have to travel south for summer? And hey at least I get to have a friend with me. The last time we went on a cruise back in 2007, my brother got to bring a friend, but I had no one to hang out with, so I found myself reading a lot and walking around alone or with my parents. I'm glad I get to bring a friend. She is uber excited about this trip and has been since April. Not a bad thing. She has never done this before. I'm spoiled and sometimes being spoiled isn't what every child wants. But hey, I'm really not complaining here.

I'm just letting you know that I'm going to be gone from Sunday to Thursday. I'm mad that I will be missing church tomorrow. I'm also upset about missing my favorite tv shows this week, but hey that's what the internet is for. I can watch those online later.

I have also decided to take a little sabbatical from my blog for about two weeks. You won't hear anything out of me until August 1st. I just feel like I've been typing up a storm these last couple of weeks. I've had a lot of good ideas, but I'm now gonna let my readers catch up.

But on my vacation, I'm taking a notebook along with my Bible and if an idea strikes me, I'm gonna write it down, so I can report back to you in August.

This sabbatical won't be hard until I get back from my trip since there's not free internet on the ship and I'm not taking my laptop. But I think I need a break from typing and you might want to catch up on reading if you feel like it. I was actually surprised at how many blogs (posts) I've put out this month in these last couple of weeks.

Anyways, I hope you have a nice break from me and my crazy writing. I'll tell you all about my trip on the 1st of August. See you then!

No comments: