Saturday, July 4, 2009

Big Sparkles in the Sky

You know I was thinking (dangerous as always). Since I already have three blogs up for today, why not add another one considering today is a very special day. And notice how all of my blogs today have to do with the Fourth of July. Weird, huh? I don't think I even planned it that way. Actually though I planned this one this way though.

Tonight was a good night. It didn't rain, which was good. You can never be too sure of the weather in Michigan even in the summer. And the weathermen haven't really gotten the weather correct this past week, so who knows who you can trust. For a while tonight, it looked like it was gonna rain even though it wasn't supposed to. Then the sun came out near the end. This morning and this evening I wore my varsity jacket (it's a winter jacket and it keeps me very warm) because it was cold.

Tonight I saw some pretty spectacular fireworks. They were even better than the ones from last weekend. Actually the ones from last weekend sucked. Big sparkles in the sky. Yeah, those are the fireworks I saw. My favorite fireworks are the ones that shimmer in the sky and make a crackling noise.

The first memory I have of watching fireworks when my town still did them was me plugging my ears because I didn't like the noise. I have come a long way. Nowadays though our town doesn't do them, but the place I go for the 4th of July does do them just about every year. Plus there are lakes all around that place that do them.

Happy Fourth of July America!

No comments: