Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cedar Point 2009

Yesterday I went to Cedar Point with my youth group. In case you don't know, Cedar Point is an amusement park. It was a lot of fun, but at the same time really tiring.

Yesterday I got up around six, which meant that I only got 7 hours of sleep. But at least I had some caffeine. Unfortunately that caffeine didn't last me all day. We left around 8:30 or were supposed to. I suppose we actually left around 9. It takes about two hours to get there since it's in stinky Ohio (oh how I hate Ohio State; just kidding, I was born in Ohio).

We got to the park and went in. I made the mistake of only putting sunscreen on my scalp. I have a sunglasses tan and everyone kept telling me that I did. Thanks guys, I know already. So now I look like a raccoon.

I rode a lot of rides that I didn't think I would ride. I used to be really into roller coasters, but not so much anymore. I hate the stomach dropping feeling. I don't get motion sickness though. I was gonna ride Top Thrill Dragster with some of the guys because my dad was calling me a wuss (my brother and him went on it a few years ago), but time didn't permit for it, so I was a little upset about that.

After being in the park for just a few hours, I got really bored. Plus I was tired, which made me moody. I started wishing we could leave because I didn't want anyone to see me in my moodiness. You don't want to see me moody. Even I don't want to see myself moody. I fear I'll regret saying something later on.

We didn't end up leaving the park until 8, which was annoying. I wanted to go home way before that. We ate dinner soon after leaving the park. A lot of the teens didn't want to eat where we ate, which was Burger King. They started complaining. My moodiness said, get over it, we stayed at the park late just for you, so get over it. They all ate slowly too. Then after about 5 minutes on the Ohio Turnpike, we stopped at a rest station. Why? Because one of the teens had to pee. Then a few of them were taking too much time. It was really annoying to me and I wasn't even in their car. I was exhausted though and wanted to go home. The walking I did was the equivalent feeling that only a marching band member would understand. It felt like a day at band camp.

I don't think I ever want to go to Cedar Point with young teenagers ever again. And I'm talking middle school and young high school kids. I was the oldest teen there. I wished I had someone my own age to hang with. I'm 3 years younger than our youngest chaperone who is the youth leader.

Don't get me wrong though, I had a fun time. I hung out with some girls who weren't sure they wanted to go on the big roller coasters. We ended up going on some pretty big ones and they weren't as scary as we thought they would be.

No comments: