Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pharmacophobia

Do you know what it is? Do you know what a pharmacy is? Ok, do you know what a pharmacist does?

They're legal drug dealers. That's the simple way of putting it. In fact, my friend wants to become a pharmacist. Yay! I know where I'm getting my drugs. That's a joke in case you're wondering.

So we come back to Pharmacophobia. What's a phobia? It's a fear of something. So naturally Pharmacophobia is the fear of medicine.

I don't have a fear really of medicine exactly, but this was the closest phobia to my phobia that I could get. I like medicine. It makes you feel better.

But I have the fear of getting addicted to medicine. I've had a toothache for a while because this tooth has issues and I will inevitably have to have a root canal, which from what my dad said, hurts a lot. Wonderful! Note my sarcasm there. In order to get my tooth to stop bothering me, I've been taking Ibuprofen. My tooth bother me pretty much everyday. It's not bothering me right, but that may soon change. So I take 200mg of Ibuprofen. It helps for about 6 hours.

But I haven't wanted to take a lot of it because I have a fear of getting addicted to it. I have always been really cautious about taking medicine. Actually I'm cautious about everything. I don't want to get into trouble and I don't want to ruin my life somehow. So naturally I'm a really cautious person.

I had a conversation with my dad last night though that made me feel a lot better about taking Ibuprofen. You can't get addicted to Ibuprofen. It's not like Vicodin, which is addictive. That makes me feel a lot better about taking Ibuprofen when my teeth hurt. It has also been a lot easier since I learned to swallow pills.

No comments: