Friday, July 17, 2009

Share the Cross

What you see here is two of my crosses that I like to wear. The one on the left is my newer one and the one on the right is my old one. The reason I got the new one was that the old one broke. I had been through a lot with my old one and I really missed it when it broke. At least it broke a few weeks before Christmas, so I got a new one for Christmas.

These crosses are very symbolic. They come with a little tiny book that tells what they symbolize. They are made from nails, which symbolize the ones used to nail Jesus to the cross. There is wire wrapped around the nails, which symbolizes the crown of thorns placed on His head. The cord which goes around your neck symbolizes what they beat Jesus with.

I get comments about this necklace occasionally. Yesterday I got a comment and usually you gotta know that when I get a comment on my necklace, I say thank you. I have to wonder though, why don't I share the story that goes with this cross?

Ok when I say what I'm about to say, don't worry about me. I feel kinda annoyed with myself at the fact that I don't say the story or talk about what the cross symbolizes. I think that's what we should be doing.

We're supposed to be sharing the Word of God with everyone. We're supposed to be sharing the Good News with everyone.

I think I'm almost afraid to share what my cross symbolizes sometimes. But we're not supposed to be afraid. Don't be afraid of what others might think about you for what you believe in. Jesus told the disciples that people would hate them because of Him.

I think next time someone comments on my cross, I'm gonna try tell them what it symbolizes.

No comments: