Thursday, July 16, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Book #6. Movie #6. I know a lot of people disagree with Harry Potter particularly Christians. But I also know a lot of people who love Harry Potter and some of them are Christians.

The Bible tells us not to have anything to do with witchcraft and things of that sort. There's no such thing as magic. I know that. I'm one of a million Harry Potter fans. I have all the books and I've read all them. I've seen all the movies that have come out thus far. Tonight I saw the 6th movie.

You know when I first started reading the books, I never thought they would actually start making movies to it. I never thought I would get to the day when I would actually see the 6th movie. It's not the last movie, but it's the second to last.

Let this be a lesson to you all, the movies are never as good as the book. This movie tonight lasted for roughly 2 hours. It was a good movie and had a ton of funny parts in it, but it seemed to skip a lot. I haven't read the book in a few years, so I don't really remember what happens, but I was skimming it over last night and found a lot of stuff different. All in all, I like reading the books better. You can have a lot more imagination reading than watching a movie.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I know what you mean. The books are never as good as the movie. Often in the movie they will change parts of it that was different in the book. Reading is so much better for your brain too. Have a great week!
-Chelsea