Tuesday, July 7, 2009

VBS #1 Day 2

Tonight I got to VBS a little bit late. I had some stuff to do at my church and actually I had to leave before they finished with the stuff. We were practicing for Sunday. I'm not saying they were butchering Amazing Grace, but Amazing Grace is meant to be sung slowly. It's not a rock-n-roll song. I wasn't really a fan of playing it rock-n-roll on my flute, so I left.

When I got to VBS, the kids were on a journey with Moses. It was actually a scavenger hunt with their bags that they decorated yesterday. I'm thinking about using mine as a purse. It's pretty cool looking. They all did a great job with theirs.

We played follow the leader tonight. That wore me out even though we didn't do it for very long. They sang some songs. Oh I forgot to mention that we were outside tonight for all our activities. After the game, we had snack time. We had Nilla Wafers and pudding. It was good.

For the craft, the kids decorated an old shoe and put a plant in it. The shoes said, "follow the leader God" on them. It was a neat idea and we had lots of different old shoes to do it with. Plus we didn't have that many kids tonight.

Hopefully our numbers will get better tomorrow. We were just missing some kids is all for other activities and such.

1 comment:

Elizabeth J. said...

Hello there, I think this is my first visit to your blog, feel free to drop by my blog. VBS is always an interesting experience-especially when working with little ones.=)