Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!

Today is a holiday that I know a lot of Americans celebrate. We all know it as the Fourth of July or Independence Day. Funny though they didn't actually sign the Declaration of Independence today. I believe that happened on July 2nd. At least I think that's when it happened.

The other day I know was Canada Day and although I don't live in Canada or celebrate the day, I feel happy for Canada.

I think we should be celebrating no matter where we live. We should be celebrating what we have. We should be celebrating all that God has given us.

I just watched a video on Youtube of a guy singing America, the Beautiful in four different parts. He just put them together. It was really cool. In the video, there were words on the screen. No, not the lyrics. Actually the words were talking about what we do and what we should do.

Americans complain...a lot. We complain about presidential candidates (don't get my youth group started on that one). We complain about increasing gas prices. We complain about the economy. We complain and complain and complain some more.

We shouldn't be complaining. We shouldn't be depreciating America. We should be appreciating it for all we have. And we should always remember how far we've come.

Happy 4th of July!

No comments: