Saturday, July 11, 2009

When Jealousy Bites, Bite Back

I must confess that this is not a new idea. I'm gonna share a blog I wrote on my Battlecry a few years back. But I was reading it last night and thought it was so relevant, so I wanted to share it on here.

I wrote it on April 13, 2007 apparently at 10:49 pm. It is called When jealousy bites, bite back.

I mean that literally. It really does. Who hasn't had to deal with jealousy? Come on, be honest. Have you dealt with it? If you won't say, then I will. I have dealt with it on many occasions. It's not something super easy to get rid of either.

Have you ever heard that little voice in your head saying something along the lines like "Why does that girl who isn't good at much get a car that nice?" or "What did he do to deserve that cool thing?" or even "Why does she keep to keep that when she didn't even help make it?" Well, I'm not going to lie. I've been dealing with the last one a lot in the past few days.

It's Satan too. Satan wants so bad to make you feel jealous. Sure other people don't mean to make it happen, but when Satan gets into your head, jealousy can occur. At least, jealousy is one of the things that Satan puts into our minds. There's some others like "You're just not good enough to be second chair." or "You really stink at the piano." I've been struggling with the second one a lot with jazz band too. It's not jealousy, but it's meant to get us down. I don't want to feel down. Do you?

Well, if you don't, then you have to bite back. Lately, I've had myself saying out loud, but under my breath "Shut up Satan!", but I think I need to shout or yell it. Don't let Satan get to you. All he gives is lies. Stop him in his tracks. Tell him to shut up and bud out!

I think it's a good reminder to all of us. Shut up Satan!

No comments: