Sunday, July 12, 2009

Friends Day

If you read my blog from Friday, then you'll know that today we had Friends Day at church. I don't know about everyone else, but I had a fun time.

This morning, before church, there were doughnuts and coffee and other stuff to eat. Frankly I think I just ate too much today period.

After worship practice, we ate a little and while everyone was in Sunday school, the teens helped prepare. We went to our Sunday school room (or I mean the girls Sunday school room) and wrapped little toys and candy in aluminum foil to make it look like moon rocks for a scavenger hunt. Someone went out and "hid" them too. What I mean by that is he just went and dropped the "moon rocks" around the yard.

We talked about who was doing what once again. Then we went to church. The sermon brought tears to my eyes. It wasn't something we normally do. We watched a video of this guy's story. He had a messed up life and planned on ending it, but then a pastor came to his door and changed his life basically. I really enjoyed it.

After church, we signed kids up early for VBS. Then they got to play some games that the teens ran. Finally we had lunch. Like I said though, I ate way too much today.

And about my picture, I was looking for something that had friends in it. My youth group is a bunch of friends. That is a picture of some of us with our old youth pastors. It was taken back in December. When I got this picture, I was trying to capture the picture we took on the weekend they first left us again. Just to let you know.

No comments: