Monday, December 29, 2008

Famine Headache

If you follow me on Twitter or are friends with me on Facebook, you have probably noticed that today I've mentioned a famine headache. You probably don't know what that is.

It's not because I haven't eaten anything. It's actually a kind of headache I get when I don't get a lot of sleep.

This all started a few years ago at the 30 Hour Famine my youth group had. Some crazy youth pastor we had at the time had the notion to saran wrap us all together as a teamwork thing. That was a stupid idea. We walked a few feet and then I told them all that I was going to fall over, which I did. And guess what? They all came with me. I knocked my head pretty hard especially because our carpet isn't that soft.

After that happened, I got a headache. Because of the fact that we also had no food in our stomachs and we were exhausted from staying up until 5 in the morning, I'm not sure what the headache from. I've gotten this headache at other times when I'm really tired. I guess it's the exhaustion that causes it.

Why am I tired and complaining about this headache? Well I was going to go to bed at my usual time during break (around 1 or 2), but I just couldn't fall asleep. I ended up staying awake until 4 this morning. So right now I'm running on about 6 hours of sleep since I got up around 10. Hopefully I'll get more sleep tonight though.

No comments: