Sunday, December 21, 2008

This year's favorite Christmas song

If you didn't know this, I absolutely love music. I don't think I could live without it. I play flute, piccolo, and piano and I also sing in my church's choir. I have been playing flute for about 7 years, piccolo for 2 years, and piano for about 9 years. Piano is my all time favorite instrument.

This year, I quit taking flute lessons. It was just a pain to me and I'm not sticking with it in college, so why bother? However, I know piano will stick with me for as long as I live, so I've been taking piano lessons for 9 years from the same teacher, the pastor of my church.

Every year it seems that I come up with a Christmas song of the year. A few years ago, it was The First Noel. I don't remember what it was last year. But this year, it's O Holy Night.

I'm not really sure why I like this one so much now, but I do. I love playing it on piano and especially singing it. In fact, a few weeks ago, I was asked to play offertory for church and that's the song I chose.

I messed up on it, but messing up doesn't matter to me. I'm playing to God. So what if I mess up? It happens.

No comments: