Sunday, December 28, 2008

Youth Group Reunion

On Friday, we had a game day/reunion thing for youth group. It was a lot of fun. Our old youth pastors, Matt and Lindsay, came to visit, which is why it was a reunion and a game day. We played a lot of fun games. I only made a video of the pictures I have on animoto, which is a cool site to check out. On the other hand, I do have a lot of videos of the youth group playing Twister. I think it's our new favorite game. Lindsay told me I have to send her the videos and stuff, which I'll get to eventually. Yes, those are some pretty interesting videos. I was thinking and I've decided to share what I wrote in my journal for that day. But I'm not sure if I'll share everything because I just reread something in it that was funny. I'm saying that I'm leaving the funny stuff out, but this one was just something that might need to be left out. I'm sitting here laughing just thinking about it. But you never know, maybe I'll say it. But here we go.

Today was amazing! I got up early this morning; I forced myself. The roads were really icy and my mom didn't want me driving, so Becky was going to pick me up, but then we both decided it would be better for my mom and her friend Sue to take us. Lindsay called me to let me know they hadn't forgotten about us, but I wasn't at David's house at that time, so I wasn't really worried. I was talking to David online at the time though and he was bragging about getting to see them first. Well I talked to them first. Sue dropped us off at the end of the driveway and we walked up to David's house. Matt, Lindsay, and JJ were already there. A few minutes later, Amanda and the Crowders showed up. We had pizza for lunch and caught up with each other. After lunch, we started by playing Apples to Apples. Then Matt came up with a different version where we have all these cards and we give each to a person who we think deserves the card. It was interesting. I got psychic in my pile from Becky. I'm so totally psychic, but not really. And JJ got the redneck card. We played Imaginiff, but that got boring fast, so we played Twister instead. There were some interesting conversation that I got on video during all those rounds of Twister. I was so obnoxious today. That's what you get when you mix me with youth group with Matt and Lindsay. It reminds me of the old days. I was so excited to see them finally. I showed everyone the Sims 2 as well. My printer was being a pain in the butt and wouldn't let me pring today, so I had to bring my laptop with me. I'm kinda sad the day is over, but I haven't starting crying yet. I wasn't looking forward to saying goodbye because it's always so hard to do.

And then it goes on from there into my depression state. It was a fun day though. I hate saying goodbye to fun days. Yesterday was terrible though. I was so pathetic. It reminded me of the day that I was on my way home from Washington D.C. That was a depressing day. Yesterday I slept in until noon. Then I didn't really eat anything. I wasn't really hungry and I didn't feel like talking to anyone. Plus I had to find something to do to keep my mind occupied. I tried looking at some journals. That just made it worse. I knew the feeling would pass eventually.

Today I feel good. I'm not really depressed about missing people. I'm upset though about something completely different. I slept in until noon again. It's Sunday. That's not supposed to happen. But my mom got me up around 9ish I think to tell me that church was canceled. Canceled? How can that be? The power went out.

I feel incomplete because I didn't go to church today. It doesn't feel like Sunday without church. That's how important church is to me. I seriously feel incomplete without it. I love going to worship. I love going to fellowship. Sure I can worship at home, but we all need fellowship. We need to be around other Christians.

No comments: