Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Last night went by really fast. I was planning on making a movie, but I didn't really get around to it. The tradition died apparently. But then again I really wasn't feeling like making a movie. I had too much stuff to do.

I went to my church's candlelight service where I spilled wax on myself, which kinda hurt for a minute. But it was a good service talking about whens. For instance, we know God is going to come again, but sometimes we get curious and if you ask me even a little impatient, so we ask when. When is God coming? Our sermon scripture was out of Revelations, which is a little different from what we normally hear about on Christmas Eve.

Last night went really fast. We stopped our tradition of picking names this year, so the only presents that there really were, were for the younger kids and those not out of high school yet like me. My littlest cousins got the most presents, but that's ok. As I've gotten older, I've realized that presents aren't the best thing about Christmas and they're not the real reason we celebrate. The best gift we were given on Christmas came in a manger all those years ago. The best gift is Jesus.

Right now I'm watching the traditional movie of Christmas day. Got any guesses? It's a marathon event. All day long. FRAGILE. It must be Italian. That's right. I'm watching A Christmas Story. You know, you'll shoot your eye out. That movie.

I got a lot of cool stuff. And I really like all the stuff I got, but I think my all time favorite gift is Jesus coming as a baby.

Today has gone by really fast too. As I'm writing this, it's about 3:15 and I think my brother is still sleeping. He got up earlier to open presents, but then went back to bed. My parents got him to mouth spray and some chapstick for when he's kissing. I'm glad I don't have a boyfriend. Who knows what they might get me then.

Oh yeah and I got Uno in my stocking. I've been craving to play that game a lot lately, so I'm glad I got it.

I hope you all have a great Christmas. Remember Jesus is the real reason for the season. And never forget that.

No comments: