Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sweet Revenge

If you're reading this because you want to hear a good story about getting revenge on someone, then you're not at the right place. If you're reading this because you want to learn how to get revenge on someone, then you're also not in the right place and you should quit reading this. I don't do the whole revenge thing. It's better to forgive than get revenge. And I don't want to see anyone read this and then go get revenge on someone who wronged you. What would Jesus do? I can tell you this much, he probably wouldn't get revenge on someone who wronged him. I say this because Jesus was wronged a lot, but he didn't go get revenge on the people.

However I do have a question. What do you think is the fastest way to ruin a reputation?

I was thinking about this today. Do you have an answer? After consulting another person, Lindsay, I came to an answer (and you may not think that's many people). In our opinion the fastest way to ruin a reputation is by spreading a rumor.

Now consulting my other old youth pastor, Matt, a rumor can be true or false. But how can we know unless we're the ones spreading it?

Do we really want to be the ones spreading it? Do we want to be the ones believing what could be not true? Or do we want to hear rumors at all?

We're humans, of course, we're not perfect, so what's gonna happen? Rumors will be spread.

Rumors. I've had so many experiences with them. They're not fun.

Now looking through my Bible, I couldn't really find anything on rumors except two verses, so I went to the next best thing. Gossip.

What is the difference between gossip and spreading rumors? My mom said there was a difference, the dictionary said that there is basically no difference, and Matt said really there is no difference, yet there kinda is.

Gossip can be true or false. Rumors can be true or false. In my opinion, if you're gossiping about someone and you're not sure if it's true or not, then you might as well say you're spreading a rumor.

Now you probably wonder why I'm writing this. The whole rumor idea infested my mind today after lunch. You may recall my blog yesterday about my family situation. Yeah this rumor idea, comes from that situation. I'm hearing things about my family, which may or may not be true. Like I said yesterday, I believe my family.

I asked a friend today how my family was being rude at that dinner. You know what the answer I got was? She didn't know. She said only the server knew, but she wasn't willing to tell me who that was. Do I look like the kind of person who will go up and beat someone up for not answering me straight out? It's not like I would have known who this girl was. I just asked a question. That's all.

I'm starting to think that all of this is just a stupid rumor. I'm starting to think my family is just being gossiped about. And that's not cool. My mom asked me the other day if the whole school hates the family now. Guys, this isn't cool. I don't appreciate this feeling I get from all this.

Rumors are stupid, so do me a favor and stop them in their tracks before they go to far and really hurt someone.

And with that, I have a poem that I wrote in the 9th grade that I think kinda applies to this.

Secrets

Hidden words
Within the mind
Painful at times
Like playing keep away from everyone
Or maybe just someone
Trying hard not to hurt them
But it truly does hurt them
When will they ever end?

No comments: