Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Highlights of my Year

I have about 5 journals filled with what I did this year every day. I've been writing in journals since I was about 7 or 8. And I love to write about my adventures (if you can call them that). So I thought today that I might share some of the adventures I've had this year since it is the last day of the year.

By the way, if you haven't noticed, I'm a very memory oriented person. I love the memories I have. I remember a lot of stuff that I do, but it has to be the important stuff in order for me to remember it. For instance, what I wore to church last week, I don't remember. I sometimes feel as if sharing memories of the old days, will make my friends sad, but I like to remember the old days. I get so nostalgic sometimes.

I started the year with some fun. I went sledding at a friend's house who has a gigantic hill. We made a huge ramp and fit 6 people on one sled. One of my friends wanted a good sledding story, which she got when she collided with her brother. Her cheek hit his head.

At the end of May, we had our 30 Hour Famine at church. According to my journal, the famine basically sucked. But you know, thinking about it now, I think I had a great time. We played toilet paper dodgeball, which was a ton of fun. We also had a frozen t-shirt race, which my friend helped me cheat on. We had to watch this really boring movie called The Truth Project (adults might think it's interesting, but most of us were bored out of our minds) and my favorite part was when the power flickered and almost went out due to the storm we were having at that time. One of my friends, David, actually saw the lightning hit the ground a few times. We played Underground Church a few different ways, which was fun. Then a few of us got on my computer and played the Sims 2 until my aunt came in around 2:30 to tell us to go to bed. The downside of this famine was that we didn't get to stay up all night like last time. We had to go sell stuff at a garage sale on the Saturday, but we didn't do much for that. We basically slept, did homework, and watched the Aristocats (I hadn't seen that movie in a long time and it was a lot of fun to watch with my youth group).

At the beginning of June, I got a new kitten...on accident. Someone dropped her off at my Aunt Linda's house and my Aunt Linda has two dogs plus she was going to Germany, so we got stuck with this kitten. She lived in my room for a while, but then we just decided that she would live here. She's cute but annoying. Her name is Abby or Flabby Gabby Annoying Abby. That's what I like to call her.

At the end of June, my mom, her best friend, and I traveled down to Washington D.C. to visit my aunt and some of my friends. Wanna know how much fun I had? I have 12 pages of one of my journals dedicated to it. I didn't really have a ton of fun with my Aunt Theresa, but I had a great time with my friends, old youth pastors, Matt and Lindsay, or whatever else you want to call them. My Aunt Theresa made us walk around D.C. in 90 degree weather and we took about 15,000 steps (we only know that because my mom's friend had a pedometer with her). I had a great time with Matt and Lindsay though. I got to go to their church and just hang out. I miss doing that.

We had a great band show this year. In case you didn't know, I play flute and piccolo. For our marching band show this year, we did Queen. It was a pretty cool show especially with our colorguard riding bicycles on the field. Although our football team is amazing, we didn't make it to Ford Field, which I was wanting to go to.

I had a great 18th birthday. I missed the election by about a week. I don't know who I would have voted for anyways. We had a few parties with my family. Plus I got cookies a week later at youth group. That was cool.

After Thanksgiving, we had a movie night on Black Friday. I wasn't really looking forward to the movie night, but I think someone had wanted me to go, so I did and I was glad that I didn't skip. We watched the Pink Panther (the Steve Martin version), which was pretty stupid (which might be why it was kinda funny too). After the movie, we plaed a game called Imaginiff. It was so entertaining. We were laughing so hard, we could hardly breathe. At one point during the movie, the projector overheated, so we got into our friend groups and talked about random stuff. I mentioned the awkward turtle mating to a friend, and our other friend had to show us what it was. That made the rest of the movie quite entertaining.

On the last day of school before winter break, we had a snow day. I was not a happy camper. I got the wake-up call around 5:30 in the morning. Then I couldn't fall back asleep, but finally did.

Christmas went by almost too fast. I forced myself to get up early, so I was running on about 5 hours of sleep. Slap happy? Yes, that's what it's called. The reason Christmas Eve probably went by so fast is that I went to church, where I spilled wax on myself. I got to see a lot of my cousins and had a great time with everyone. Christmas Day went by even faster. My parents let us sleep in later than usual and even after we had opened our gifts, my brother went back to bed. I got some neat stuff that I've probably already talked about. The cats got a laser pointer, which is hilarious to watch. I had Abby run up and down the stairs.

The highlight of my winter break was probably last Friday, getting to hang out with Matt and Lindsay. That was so much fun. I feel like that day went by pretty quickly too. I have so many good videos from that. My friend David saw one of the videos and he commented on how inappropriate it is. Welcome to youth group. I wrote 3 pages about Friday in my journal. But then again, the next two days after that, I was still remembering things to write about from Friday, so I guess you could say there were actually 5 pages used talking about that day.

I guess that was my year in a nutshell. Notice how I waited for the last day of the year to write it. I've actually been planning on writing this for a while, but I've also been procrastinating. I've gotta stop doing that. At least I got it done before the new year, so that's a plus.

Anyways, I hope you all have a safe New Year's Eve and a Happy New Year.

Ok I've got one more thing to say. I graduate in 2009. And almost all my screen names have 09 in them, what am I gonna do when I graduate? I'm not starting a new blog for a while, so that's out of the question. I think I'll stick with 09 for a while.

No comments: