Monday, December 22, 2008

'Tis the Season



'Tis the season for crazy amounts of snow, falalalala la la la la.

What? Isn't that how the song goes?

The above two pictures were taken last winter. The picture with the icicles is a view out my window of a normal winter in Michigan. I hate snow. It's a good thing I don't live up north in the upper peninsula. We had a snow day on Friday, which actually kinda made me mad. We had a horrible storm the night before though, so no surprise there. I actually like going to school though and wasn't too happy about having to stay home. Actually I just wanted to get my precalc quiz out of the way. Unfortunately that didn't happen. We have a lot of snow on the ground. It will definitely be a white Christmas for us. It's more white now than it was last year. The roads haven't really recovered from the snow yet either. Of course we did have gusts of wind yesterday throughout the day. That made it even more cold outside. As I'm writing this right now, my computer says that it's 5 degrees outside. That's really cold. Last night my computer told me it was 0 degrees. I'm really glad that I'm not out there.

The second picture, the snow angel, was from New Years Eve. Last year, we didn't get much snow around Christmas at all. But we did get a significant amount on New Years Eve. This picture was taken in my church's parking lot. Two of the guys in my youth group were out there drawing and writing on cars in the snow, so I thought I would go out and make a snow angel. I thought it was the perfect place for a snow angel to be. We had a very fun New Years party at my church last year. I don't think I was really looking forward to it, or maybe I was. However I was feeling, it didn't matter after the night ended, because I had a great time. On New Years Day, we went sledding at one of the guys' houses because he has a huge hill in his backyard. We even made a ramp. It was a great time.

So yeah, I just thought I would share those memories with you all whoever you may be. That way you get a little taste of what Michigan winters are like if you don't live in one of those wintry states. Or if you do live in one of these lovely wintry states, maybe you remember doing some of this stuff as a kid or teenager, like me. It was just something that was on my mind today.

No comments: