Thursday, December 4, 2008

Making myself laugh

Ok, here's the deal. I had a rough day. I hate precalc already after having 4 days of it. My stand partner who is first chair was picking on me to play a part I didn't want to play because the person who usually plays it was gone, but as she is first chair, she should have to play it. I don't understand what I was supposed to do for my term paper, so I just went along with it and tried to make it fit together. It's just the topic though. Although I had a fun time at our Christmas program rehearsal, I'm still really frustrated about these two classes that I hate: government and precalc. I have to pass government to graduate and I'm taking precalc because I figure I'll be taking calculus in college. So in order to relieve some stress, I'm gonna make myself laugh and hopefully you will to, with some what ifs and have you evers.

#297 What if you could set your own allowance?
  • I don't even have an allowance. I never have either. Though if I did, it would be for doing chores and I would probably set it at $5 a week. I don't spend my money, so really whatever amount is fine.
#320 What if your parents didn't approve of the person you were dating?
  • Well I'm not dating anyone at the moment because high school relationships are too pointless. Why bother if I know it's not going to last? If I were in love hypothetically (which won't happen in high, it's called puppy-love people) and in that stage of picking my spouse. Have you seen The Family Stone? My parents would just have to get used to the person I was dating because I were in love with the guy and we were thinking about marriage, then my parents would have to get over their problems with my boyfriend.
#433 What if your parents didn't like your friends?
  • That one is kinda not a hypothetical question there. My parents are ok with the people I hang out with, but they probably think that I could have better friends if I really wanted to. But by trying for other friends, I probably wouldn't be acting like myself and that's one reason I have the friends that I do.
#320 Have you ever gone cow tipping? (Where? Who were you with? Why? What happened? How did you feel?)
  • Is it even possible to tip a cow? I didn't think it was and hence I've never done that before nor would I probably ever want to.
#387 Have you ever had a leech stuck to you? (How did it happen? How did you feel? What did you do?)
  • I must be very uncultured. I haven't gone cow tipping and I haven't had leeches stuck to me. Have you ever seen Stand By Me? After watching that, I don't want to go into water where leeches might be lurking. Though I think I've been to a lake that had leeches one time, but I didn't get any on me.
#49 Have you ever had a car accident that you didn't tell your parents about? (What? When? Where? Why didn't you tell? What happened? Did you ever tell?)
  • I'm a pretty good driver (knock on wood), so for the 2 years that I have been driving alone, I haven't gotten into a car accident. I have hit the curb a few times, but that's it. My brother, on the other hand, is in driver's ed and on Thanksgiving night, he came within 5 inches of hitting a deer. That was scary!
Ok, so maybe these aren't totally funny. Some are, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. However, I just found out that my brother lost his dog. No, it's not a toy dog. It's a real dog, a chihuahua to be exact. At first that was really funny to me because last time this happened, my brother forgot his dog was outside. Now we seriously can't find him. If he doesn't return in 3 days and the back room starts smelling horrible, then we'll know that he died. As mean as that may sound, it has happened to us before with my hamster who died under the couch downstairs. How she got there, we're not sure. We think she escaped from her cage and somehow got downstairs and just got dehydrated and died. It smelled so bad in there for a while before we found her.

No comments: