Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A year in review

With tomorrow being the last day of the year 2008, I figured I should probably get this blog written.

This year has flown by. And it also reminded me of my 9th grade year.

In 9th grade, I was spiritually lagging. Last year, as a junior I was also lagging spiritually. I just wasn't a happy camper.

I've always been fearing the day that I drift back into what I was as a freshmen, an unhappy not so spiritual person. I have always wondered if I was so spiritually strong as a sophomore because we had youth pastors at the time, which were really cool, so when they moved away I was so afraid I was going to lose this great feeling I had.

Something worked in me over the summer though that made me realize that I wasn't just feeling the strong spiritual sense because we had youth pastors. I don't know what it is exactly, but I know that it wasn't just because I had youth pastors in my life at the time. I think it was another recommitment, which is what we all need sometimes.

This year has been a year where I just got so annoyed with my youth group to the point of almost leaving. In January, we started a mission statement thing. We may have talked about it a few times this year, and even though it's taped to my wall behind my bed, I just recently remembered we had it.

I've missed more church this year, than prior years. I so unhappy that I just didn't want to go to church. There was a time during the summer that I really didn't want to go to church, so I stopped going for a while.

It was a season for me. A season of not going to church. A season of not wanting to go to church.

Something has definitely changed in me since summer because I have that craving to actually go to church since we didn't have it on Sunday. I guess this year has been a church year. It was all about church.

It seems to be the odd years that I get all messed up in my spirituality. I mean my odd schooling years like 9th and 11th grade. I hope next year won't be that way when I become a freshman again. But we'll just have to wait and see what next year holds for me.

No comments: